This course is designed for those individuals that want to utilize a center-fire rifle for home defense. This 3 hour class will go over the various tactical techniques needed to efficiently deploy a rifle in a close quarters environment. The following topics will be reviewed:
– Using different types of rifles for home defense; semi-automatic, lever action, bolt-action and pump-action.
– Combat Loading techniques
– Moving and Shooting tactics. Students will have an opportunity to move and shoot down range in order to learn how to effectively handle a rifle in a realistic training environment.
– Using the appropriate loads for close quarter engagements
– Shooting from various positions (standing, kneeling, sitting and prone) behind cover
– NJ Use of Force laws
– Levels of Mental Awareness
Upon completion of the course, the student will have a thorough understanding as to how to properly deploy a rifle in a home-defense environment.
A minimum of 80 rounds of center-fire ammunition
Students must bring their own rifle and ammunition to the class.
Class size will be limited to 6 students per session. Walk-ins are not permitted. All students need to pre-register for the course. .