This course is designed for those individuals that want to utilize a shotgun for home defense. This 3 hour class will go over the various tactical techniques needed to efficiently deploy a shotgun in a close quarters environment. The following topics will be reviewed:
– Using different types of shotguns for home defense; pump-action, semi-automatic, single/double barrel (over/under or side by side)
– Combat Loading techniques
– Moving and Shooting tactics. Students will have an opportunity to move and shoot down range in order to learn how to effectively handle a shotgun in a realistic training environment.
– Using the appropriate loads for close quarter engagements
– Shooting from various positions (standing, kneeling, sitting and prone) behind cover
– NJ Use of Force laws
– Levels of Mental Awareness
Upon completion of the course, the student will have a thorough understanding as to how to properly deploy a shotgun in a home-defense environment.
80 rounds of 00 buck shot, 10 rounds of slugs
Students must bring their own shotgun and ammunition to the class.
Class size will be limited to 6 students per session. Walk-ins are not permitted. All students need to pre-register for the course.