The NRA Basic Pistol Course is designed to teach the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. It is designed for any shooter seeking to develop a firm foundation of the fundamentals of pistol shooting.
1. Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
2. Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
3. Firing the First Shots, including cleaning and storage
4. Two-Handed & One-Handed Shooting positions
5. Pistol Sports and related activities along with advice on selection of a pistol
Textbook and course material are provided. Please bring your own lunch. Firearms and ammunition will be provided for the course.
Duration of class: 8 hours. During the last portion of the class, there will be a written examination. The student will subsequently receive a certificate of completion.