The NRA Basic Rifle Course is designed to teach the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning and using a rifle safely. The course is ideal for the new rifle owner and serves as an introductory course for more advanced hunting or competition rifle match training.
1. Rifle Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
2. Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamental of Safe Rifle Operations
3. Fundamentals of Rifle Marksmanship
5. Proper Cleaning and Storage of all types of Rifles
4. Firing the First Shots
6. Shooting Sports and related activities along with advice on selection of a rifle